Friday 10 October 2008

A Necessary Evil...

I was at SOAS last week. It really is the place of individualism... anti establishment. As i meet another student there the same issue arises - "I ain't into organised religion mate" - ofcourse, I try to laugh it off - "dont worry our movement is extremely disorganised!". But the issue remains and I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind.

One of our great teachers explained - "a religious movement is a necessary evil". Evil because it can kill the very spirit of dynamic spiritual character, and become a conglomerate of 'yes men', quite satisfied to blindly follow along with ritual and tradition. However, its necessary because structure and organisation facilitates greater outreach to the spiritually hungry, and provides support and association for the advancing devotee.

Krishna Consciousness... an organised religion? I like to call it Synergistic Spirituality.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | 100 Web Hosting