Thursday 27 January 2011

Bhagavad-gita in A.C.R.O.N.Y.M

Eminent scholars, scientists and philosophers have recognised the profound wisdom and insight that the Bhagavad-gita offers. Henry David Thoreau once commented, “In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad-gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and insignificant.”

What follows is a humble attempt to present a chapter-by-chapter acronym overview of the Bhagavad-gita. My aim was not to draw out every single philosophical point, but rather to highlight key concepts in each chapter. Hopefully this overview will assist readers in understanding the flow, context and practical application of these timeless spiritual teachings. This ancient conversation is one of the most logical and comprehensive philosophical presentations I have ever come across, and I would encourage readers to invest some time in scrutinizing the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, translated by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

This overview may also assist teachers of the Bhagavad-gita in their attempts to share this wisdom with others. Above all, I undertook this exercise for my own spiritual development with the sincere hope that someday I will genuinely live these teachings.

The overview can be accessed at:

http://sutapamonk.blogspot.com/p/bhagavad-gita.html

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | 100 Web Hosting